PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORCAVUE SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY ANYONE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THAT THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION 2016-679 (“GDPR”) DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS WEBSITE OR TO ORCAVUE, WHICH MARKETS AND SELLS ONLY TO U.S.-BASED CUSTOMERS.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, you should not use this OrcaVue Site. If at any time you wish to change any of your Personal Information that is collected through the OrcaVue Site, withdraw your consent for processing of your Personal Information, or request deletion of your Personal Information, you may contact OrcaVue at firstname.lastname@example.org or as described below.
- WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION” AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
In order to better provide you with our products and services, we collect two general types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (together referred to as “Personal Information”). Personally Identifiable Information is information that relates to you individually and allows us to identify you by name, mailing address and e-mail address. We obtain this information directly from you in order to fulfill your order for Products, services, rentals or licensing. Our primary goal in collecting this information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the OrcaVue Site. Information from which we cannot personally identify you is Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We use Personal Information that you provide to help us take and fulfill your orders for our products, improve our products, respond to your questions and requests, improve the OrcaVue Site experience for you, communicate with you, and other such purposes. We may collect Personal Information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our OrcaVue Site or give to us in any other way. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
– Your name and contact details (title, first name, surname, any other name(s), postal address, e-mail address, telephone number)
– Any other identifying information provided by you
– Your purchases, rentals and licenses from us
– Your User ID and password
– Your “Search” queries
– The communications you exchange with us (e.g., your emails, letters, calls, and messages to or about us on social media)
– Information about how you use our OrcaVue Site
Please note that your credit card details are handled by a third-party payment processor, and we do not have access to that information unless we separately collect it for deposit reasons in order to fulfill a rental or service order
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” which are small bits of information that are stored by your computer’s web browser when accessing the OrcaVue Site. We get information about how you use the OrcaVue Site through our use of “cookies” or similar identifiers. “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored by your computer hard drive’s browser which enable you to navigate on our website and allow us to provide features such as keeping you logged in to our website as you move from page to page within the site. For example, we cannot process your order without your name and address.
Examples of information we receive from cookies include:
– Your browser type and operating system
– Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet, which may be used to derive your general geographic area) and geolocation information
– Which OrcaVue Site pages you view and links you click on
– Standard server log information
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the OrcaVue Site, for example, certain online products, services or features.
- Mobile: When you use your mobile device to access the OrcaVue Site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a mobile device ID number (a unique identifier for your device). We may use this information to ascertain the geographic areas where our potential customers are located. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services if you wish.
- E-mail Communications: When you open an email from us, we receive a confirmation that you did so (if your computer so allows). In this way, we learn what content interests our customers and can tailor emails we send to you according to your interests. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive Personal Information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of such information may include updated delivery and address information from a delivery carrier, which we would use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication accurately, and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud, thereby enabling us to keep our product prices down.
- PROCESSING AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your Personal Information only: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to fulfill orders from our customers; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in fulfilling orders from customers and building our business. The Personal Information you provide will be processed and used for the following purposes only:
- To take and fulfill your order and perform related activities such as invoicing, delivery, providing administrative, managerial and organizational services, and other purposes necessary to confirm and complete your order and transport the products you order to you. We may contact you by email and/or SMS to confirm your order, payment and/or order status.
- To improve our services and our business processes. We will use your Personal Information for business purposes such as accounting, billing, marketing, statistical, tax and audit, security and legal, general management, records and business development. For example, we use IP addresses to help administer the OrcaVue Site, diagnose problems with our servers, identify and analyze trends among our customers and clients, track our users’ movement on the Internet, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the OrcaVue Site and your online shopping experience on it.
- To fulfill our obligations under the law, regulations, applicable legislation and other requirements of the Government, law enforcement authorities and supervisory and control bodies.
- To inform you about products and offers you may find interesting. We may use the Personal Information we have about you (including your order history) to build a profile about your past purchase, rentals or licensing from us, to show you OrcaVue offers and carry out other commercial communications, and perhaps to show you advertising related to other OrcaVue products. When you interact with us by posting or messaging on social media, we may use the Personal Information that is included in such posts for these same purposes and to perform marketing and promotional activities regarding our products and services and to carry out other commercial communications
- To ask for your participation in product reviews or customer preference questionnaires or to conduct studies and other market research. We may contact you to ask that you participate in product reviews or questionnaires about your likes, dislikes, and preferences for the types of products we sell or plan to sell, or products you have purchased from us. We do this to ensure we are meeting our customers’ needs and desires and to stay abreast of changes in market preferences.
The processing of Personal Information is carried out directly by employees or other agents of OrcaVue by means of operations performed on Personal Information (or sets of Personal Information), possibly by automated means, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing or destroying such data. Such processing is done in compliance with applicable laws regarding confidentiality and security and is consistent with principles of fairness, lawfulness, transparency and protection of your rights.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we understand its importance to you. We have implemented and follow industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
In order to most efficiently serve you, we use established third-party banking and processing agents to provide credit card processing services on our OrcaVue Site. These agents receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information. OrcaVue may receive credit card information outside of our e-commerce platform for the purposes of holding deposits on rentals or services; in these cases, the information is encrypted after receipt, but OrcaVue does not warrant its security and it could be accessible to malicious actors during the acquisition phase. This policy is subject to change.
Unfortunately, no storage or data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we conscientiously strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the OrcaVue Site cannot be absolutely guaranteed; and (c) it is possible that any such Personal Information or data may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while in transit. We are not responsible for the theft or destruction of your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the OrcaVue Site using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
- SHARING OR SELLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Internal Use Only. We will use your Personal Information for internal purposes only and we never sell your Personal Information to any third parties (and have not done so in the past). We may share Personal Information with:
- Our own employees, agents, contractors and service providers who help us carry out our business and improve our services and your customer experience (for example, information technology services, data hosting services, e-mail delivery services, or providers who maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the OrcaVue Site);
- Our own external legal advisors, auditors, and qualified designated due diligence providers (or other qualified third parties) in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock or other legal or financial matters (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by governmental authorities pursuant to applicable law or in connection with dispute resolution proceedings; and
- As we believe necessary and/or appropriate for the purposes listed in Section 2 above.
- Linking to Third Party Websites. If you choose to link to third-party websites via our OrcaVue Site, third parties may collect information about your use of our OrcaVue Site. Similarly, where you choose to interact with OrcaVue’s content on social media, third parties may collect information. Information collected by third-party social media services is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. When you are directed to a third party’s website by OrcaVue, OrcaVue is not responsible for the processing of your Personal Information by any third party. OrcaVue is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
[Some of the [advertisers and] service providers that perform advertising-related services for us [and our partners] may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Some of these companies also may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options regarding its members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).]
- STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information that we collect is kept on servers located within the United States. In the future, in order to serve the purposes set out in Section 2 above, we may transfer your Personal Information to other servers in other countries. By providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of that data to countries outside of your country of residence. OrcaVue shall use appropriate safeguards to protect Personal Information that is transferred to countries that may have a lower level of protection for Personal Information, and if applicable, such transfer of data will take place in accordance with applicable legal provisions set out by the European Commission and/or other applicable governmental authorities.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- No Use by Minors. The OrcaVue Site is not intended for use by anyone outside the United States of America. You must be at least 18 years old to order products from this OrcaVue Site. When you order any products or services from our website, you are representing to us that you meet this 18+ age requirement. OrcaVue does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have inadvertently collected your child’s information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, you have the rights set out in this Section 6 with regard to such information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Rights and How to Exercise Them. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the specific Personal Information that we have collected about you in the previous 12 months;
- Require (with certain exceptions) that we delete your Personal Information; and
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To make a request related to these rights, or if you have an issue or complaint about how we handle your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. If you live in California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California resident users of a website to request and obtain, once a year and free of charge, certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year; however, we do not disclose any information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To inquire about our policy, please send an e-mail to us, with “California Privacy Rights” in the heading, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, mailing address and email address with your request.
- Pixel Tags and Flash Cookies
Pixel tags (a.k.a. “web beacons” or “clear GIFs”) are very small images (or small pieces of data embedded in images) that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device. We may employ pixel tags to track usage patterns anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). Flash Cookies (a.k.a. “Local Shared Objects”) are similar to standard cookies except that they can be larger and are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash media player.
You may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings in order to refuse or disable Flash Cookies and similar technologies. For example, Flash Cookies can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s “Setting Manager” page. Please note, however, that if you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the OrcaVue Site.
- What Kinds of Cookies Do We Use?
The types of cookies that may be used on the OrcaVue Site are:
- Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for our website to work and without them, our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide certain services or features that you have specifically requested. Some examples of necessary cookies are:
User ID cookies ensure that only you can see your information. They also keep you logged into the Website so that you do not have to log in again on every page.
Shopping Basket cookies remember the items you have placed in your shopping basket so they are still there when you are finished browsing and are ready to check out.
Security Cookies are necessary for security controls and checks and thus help us to protect your Personal Information.
- Business Improvement Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use the OrcaVue Site, which gives us information that helps us improve the site and maximize a user’s experience. The information collected through these cookies allows us to see overall patterns of usage on our website but does not tell us about the usage of a single person. Here are some examples:
These cookies collect aggregate statistical data, such as most visited pages, average length of time a user spends on a page, or most clicked-upon items. To opt out, see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These cookies collect aggregate statistical data in order to help improve navigation within the OrcaVue Site. Examples might be an analysis of how a user moves through the Site, or a comparison between groups of customers with different demographic details such as age or geographical area. For more information, see http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the OrcaVue Site to remember choices you make when using it, enabling you to navigate the Site more easily and helping us provide more personal features (such as remembering what language you want to use or whether you opted out of marketing emails) or enhancements such as audio and video. The information these cookies collect may be made anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Some other examples are:
Your IP address indicates your approximate location (city, state, country) and is retained in order to automatically select the proper country website and language.
The date that you last visited the OrcaVue Site and the sale or other activity you engaged in; this helps us to provide you with updates on items you may have looked at or ordered.
These cookies remember where you have been on our Site so that you can go back to a page you have already visited.
Prior site visited
The website that you were on immediately prior to visiting our Site helps us better understand your preferences and to see where our Site traffic originates.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies
We may allow third-party advertising on our Website, which may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They remember that you have visited the OrcaVue Site and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
- Managing Cookies
You may refuse or accept cookies from the OrcaVue Site at any time by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may also refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, which is not affiliated with OrcaVue, for information on managing cookies on many commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the OrcaVue Site may operate as intended.